Saturday, July 01, 2006

Review: Superman Returns

I just saw the movie and here's what i've got to say...

Typically, with anything great, you'll have the majority of the people who love the thing, and then you'll have the minority of people who pick-it-apart for the sake of being "smarter" and against the popular opinion.

What do you expect from a movie like this? Of course they'll pay tribute to the originals. Of course it's going to contain drama and a love story. It has to appeal to both genders, and all ages regardless of ethnics... and they did just that!!! Bravo Bryan Singer!

Personally, I loved this movie. I watched with my family which consists of My MIL, my wife, my 3 yrs old daughter (she wore her Superman outfit) and me. Brandon Routh was an excellent Superman, Kate Bosworth looks a bit young as Lois Lane but otherwise a good performance, Kevin Spacey is also superb as the scheming super villain Lex Luthor with his bumbling henchmen...

There were dull moments and jokes in between, but every moment moved the story forward so you have to pay attention or miss the fun. Lots of emotion and action in between with awesome CGI.

We are also introduced to Lois Lane's kid, a small asthmatic boy who has Ds for gym class... :D the kid is just an emotional baggage to me except that towards the end, he is finally revealed as Superman's son.

I felt all the magic when i was watching the first and second Superman films (i'm being all melodramatic and stuff but it's true!!!). My advice? If you go in thinking and being all analytical and stuff, you'll probably hate it. If you go in thinking it will be good, you'll be in for a very worthwhile 2 1/2 hours. And if you go in without any expectations, you'll be amazed.

Rating: 4/5 stars... see the movie with your inner child and you will be pleased! :D




















Lex and his goons!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

for such write up done, hmm..
rite! i'm convinced to go watch it then.. hehehehe..

picang said...

Hey Irm, how are things? Have you move yet?